Are you a master of Java interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, client-side developers, database developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– master state-of-the-art technologies within a complex business domain
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
You’ll be working in the Banker Portal Mobile team in Wroclaw. Our role is to build the next-generation web application for UBS's Investment Banking business, accessible through both mobile and desktop platforms.
We help by presenting mission-critical franchise data rapidly and intuitively to bankers, allowing them to build client relationships, identify business opportunities, manage deals and track financial performance.
Your experience and skills
– strong experience with Java Enterprise and the Spring Framework (Container, MVC, JDBC)
– expertise in generic computing science including OOP modelling (UML, SOLID etc.), algorithms, data structures and design patterns
– clean coding and refactoring skills
– good knowledge of unit testing approach & frameworks (e.g. JUnit)
– experience with build tools like Ant or Maven, and development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Subversion, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus
– proficiency with relational database concepts and interaction (JDBC, SQL, RDBMS)
– experience with web servers running Tomcat & Apache
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.