Are you a Java passionate? Do you have strong analytical and quantitative skills? Do you know how to figure things out? Do you understand that software developer is someone more than code maker? We are looking for someone like that who can:
- develop software applications
- participate in all phases of software development cycle from initial requirements, implementation and final quality assurance
- work with business users and operations team to understand their business needs and addressing production questions
- collaborate with team in Wroclaw as well onsite team in Switzerland
- guide the future evolution of the system product
- share knowledge among team members
- mentor junior colleagues in the team
You will be working in IB IT Financing Application Delivery team located in Wroclaw. The team is responsible for delivering and maintaining applications for the Securities Lending business and it offers you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. As a Java Application developer you will be focused on server side development as well as delivering back office applications supporting Securities Lending business. You stand a chance to become a member of newly built team. You will be in charge of systems used indirectly by thousands of people in the world. What's more, you will have a chance to collaborate with global teams, including opportunities to travel to Switzerland, UK and the US.
Main technologies: Java (1.6- 1.8 version), Spring (Core, MVC), Hibernate, Web services (JAX-WS), RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase), GIT/SVN
Your experience and skills
- proven track of core Java working experience
- multithreading programming experience
- Spring, Hibernate and other Java frameworks experience
- hands on working knowledge using SQL on relational databases (Oracle or Sybase)
- experience in working with large applications with multiple modules
- additionally experience with following technologies/processes/methodologies or equivalent: Web services(JAX-WS), JDBC, VCS (GIT/SVN), TDD (JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito), Agile (Scrum), JIRA, Confluence, Build tools (Maven/Ant), CI tools ( any experience of: TeamCity, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo is a plus), IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ ), Linux (including shell scripting)
- good SDLC and application lifecycle management skills
- debugging and reverse engineering skills
- hands on experience with a great drive and team-orientation
- ability to deliver good quality accurate solutions to tight time-scales
- proven experience in software development for a financial industry is a plus
- ready to ensure applications quality
- open minded to work in projects developed in various version of technologies/frameworks
- an excellent communicator with experience in collaborative environments
- a results oriented team player
- a very good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.