Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– join a successful scrum development team built on mutual respect
– collaborate to refine user requirements though behavior-driven development (BDD)
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a -Securities Operations (Cash Equities and Fixed Income) system in Group Operations IT. The system is used for supporting trade lifecycle in back office of our Investment Bank. Members of this team work closely with Global Securities Management, as well as operations team from all business areas and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation securities management system.
The single most important part of our work is software craftsmanship – we push software quality and automation to the limits always understanding the value we want to provide.
Your experience and skills
– strong experience with Java programing (ideally databases and Unix too)
– clean coding and refactoring skills with great problem solving ability
– hands-on experience with agile methodologies, especially scrum
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
– wish to learn about investment banking and financial services domain
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.